Could use your guys feedback on this

So one of the biggest complaints about episode 1 of PWU was that Emma looked creepy, which in hindsight I totally understand. For episode 2 I definitely aim to rectify this however, which is why I want your honest feedback on the new models I’ve been working on.

Please leave a comment with your thoughts. I’d really appreciate it.

Also, a longer post coming soon on both Ep2 and Homecoming now that finals are over!

Anna and Emma

54 Comments on “Could use your guys feedback on this

1. Shaboozie says:

Love the new models! Can’t wait for E:H and PWU EP2!! Keep up the good work!

• Mr Wayne says:

I do like the “new” models better, I just not sure of what you really did. But thank you much better.

2. Cheri says:

These models are definitely going in the right direction! Keep up the good work.

3. Yobs says:

I don’t know, maybe I’m on the minority here, but I didn’t mind the old models and find the new ones worse.

4. Jon says:

It’s kinda hard to tell from this picture. Can you provide a before/after shot? Maybe a head shot? IIRC people remarked on the eyes and smile.
    Let me just say personally that I had no problem with the original models. These are fine too.
    Good work!

• Doc says:

I totally agree with you I didnt mind the old model, Also the new model from that distance I can not tell much of a difference, so yeah a side by side or a closer pic would be appreciative.

5. Biff says:

Honestly, I didn’t have a problem with the old models, but the new ones look much more creepy to me.

I think these models look great just as the old one, but I’d still do something with those eyes kinda creepy indeed.

7. Anon says:

I’m not sure asking on this site will accurately represent what everyone thinks, because people the people on this site already appreciate your work. It might be better to ask on newgrounds or some other site.

8. Anon says:

I love the new models, but I didn’t really have any problem with the old ones, either.

9. Daedalus says:

Honestly, I really liked the slightly uncanny look of the previous model. It was unconventional.
    It’s hard to judge the new ones on a single picture, but they look okay. Are the new models taller than the old ones?

10. Jon says:

I honestly like the old models better, I don’t care if people say they look creepy, I like the fact that they look different than every other anime girl. BTW side note, can we please see Emma’s boobs in PWU 2?

Really appreciate your work dude !
    I really like the originals, not so much the new ones.

12. Fenrir says:

In my point of view, the old ones were more cute. And if they were creepy it’s cause of their disproportionate eyes. With the new ones, it look like they take 20 years and became sadistic…

13. Arianne says:

Honestly I didn’t find the old models that creepy, only maybe a bit mysterious (in a good way).

As for the comparison, both have their appeal, the newer ones being a bit more “realistic”. Personally I still prefer the old models, as I think the Manga style fits you game perfectly!

Patrons who fund you probably already fell in love with the original design, so I would value their feedback for possible design changes, as they are the most invested.

14. Ano says:

Ok. old Emma looks a little bit creepy. Now it is a little bit better.
    Anna looked better before.
    here the necks are to long.
    Make both a little more female.
    here hips are to wide compared with the shoulders.

15. Anon says:

I definitely liked the OLD version better. Some didn’t like it, and It’s great that you solicit feedback, but trying to please too many people makes everyone less happy, not more happy.

Palmer, use the model that YOU like, ok!? 🙂

16. burt gummer says:

Liked old better. They looked more feminine.

17. Derp Derpington says:

OLD MODELS WERE FINE! Only EYES were a lil bit weird.

So changing hairstyle of Emma doesnt solve anything (well, from that far away shot we cant really tell, if face changed. Only hair)

18. Flossie says:

While there is often a damaging aspect to this approach
    (shoppers do not want too be bothered with a flurry of mail),
    many good companies execute direct advertising well.

19. Agl says:

As she says, Emy is a virgin. Sleep fuck with virgin? I am hardly believe in that. And, there is the blood?

20. Wee says:

I prefer the old models, these look older and the eyes are weirder.

21. A Lone Wonderer says:

The models in the first game were fine to me, maybe Emma could’ve used some adjustments to her facial expression, but what I can see in the picture posted in the blog thread is a bit far fetched.
    Try experimenting with the old model, it was Emma’s facial expressions that made her a bit creepy, everything else was fine.

22. Gio says:

Love em, but few more shots to fully judge would be better 😛

23. Memento says:

I kinda liked the old ones better, they had their own unique style. But I don’t mind the new ones if that’s what you decide to go with.

Liked the old one better!

25. Mew says:

Now, everyone is saying that the new models look a bit different from the older models. I personally preferred the older models since they looked a bit younger than these models. How much time has passed since ep1 and ep2? I believe both of them look like they’re past their teens already. Both of them also look very similar. Will there be any significant difference between them other than hair style and eye colour? (and clothes :P)

I’m asking about the differences since their body types are very similar; Anna is a tad bit shorter, but that is basically the difference I see. Other than that. Now, to clarify; I liked the older models for they looked more their age than the newer ones do.

26. Dos says:

Old models were a lot better; I mean if you were going for an anime look (pink hair of the sister and the pony tails of Em) then the new models don’t fit. They look more like zombies here. Definitely stick with the old models.

27. Anon says:

Thanks for making the game Palmer I am looking forward to episode 2.

The old model heads are too angler (more so with Emma’s hairstyle). The facial expressions don’t look right, smile seems fake and needs to affect the whole face to be more genuine. Also the lighting can be more toned down and the skin needs less red.

The new model are better, perhaps a rounder face and more pronounced hourglass figure? Emma seems older because of the darker hair and less brightness in the eyes (I would make it a bit lighter and brighter). The clothes on Emma looks like something an older person would wear. Also the necks are too long and skin looks a bit red.

The big thing is more realistic facial expressions.

Besides that stuff episode one as a whole is awesome!

28. Sonan says:

I liked her creepy look ;~;

29. mmmmm says:

whats up with these comments that have nothing to do with the topic?lol

love both models whatever u use good for me

cant wait for homecoming hope i u don’t forget it….

I also like the old look to me they both look real. The new look on Emma doesn’t look real to me. I like the old smile on Emma as well even from the photo of Emma in her bikini she looks alot better. The eyes where the only part I didn’t care to much need them to look more real then glass looking. So keep the old look and change the eyes.

31. ACH says:

I also agree on older models

32. You spend money on domain registration and hosting but be sure you’re keenn to puut in tiime and skills in developing it sso you possibly can appeal to advertisers and stuff.

Definitely liked the old models more!

34. Taco says:

So I realized I replied to the wrong thread… My bad 😛 But I think the main issue is the eyes. They look too big and that may throw a few people off. The irises take up so much of the eye, it looks odd

Nothing wrong with Older Models.

36. Stabby Stabby says:

Just fired episode 1 up for a side-by-side-comparison .. yap, i’d vote for the old models. They looked unique and fresh. Those here look way worse. And actually creepy. A bit.

I definitely think she’s less creepy-looking (However, I didn’t hold the opinion that she was all that creepy-looking in the first place) But I believe Emma could maybe stand to have somewhat larger eyes. I think his sister’s eyes really fit her well, but in my opinion, Emma’s eyes could be a little bit larger.

38. De4th says:

Hello and good job! I love your two first games!
    I have a little proble with the new characters: they have almost the same body and face!
    Hope you will differenciate more them!
    kiss from France!

39. OldM8 says:

I personally prefer the older models, the new ones look strange and honestly even creepier.
    the old models give that kind of “sexy” vibe, i dont know how to describe it properly, lol.

40. Cameo says:

She was a little creepy, but the game was very enjoyable. is there anyway to play emily sister attraction on a mac?

41. Noisy says:

cant wait for episode 2 😀

42. Sam says:

I must to say,the old ones’ eyes seems to be bigger,and I think these characters will be cutier and prettier with those big eyes,you must keep it!

i think the eyes are a bit too wide, and also the shape of it is probably what makes it creepy, looking a bit like those old dolls.
    but otherwise i think they’re fine

44. Celu says:

I think, the reflections in the eye’s of the new mods, they looks like cat eyes and this is more creepy than the older ones.
    I love the older ones more.

45. Celu says:

Btw Ep.1 great work,like all you did.
    Cant wait for Ep.2, but take the time you need, for a Good job like ever again…

46. Anonymous? says:

How do I get to the night scene?

47. Cooldude says:

Who said that emma looks Creepy 🙁 she looks beautiful. now even beautiful