A look at the new and improved models

Thank you so much for the feedback to the last post. Significant alterations to the new models have been made. Here are a few new screenshots (click for full size).

First up we have a still of Emma’s new model:

Next we have an actual in-game screenshot of Anna standing in the PC’s bedroom:

I’ve been in a real “crunch” mindset this last week, and have been able to finish a lot of things. Most importantly for PWU, Anna is now in addition to Emma, also complete, and all of her poses have been rendered. Furthermore, I’ve started with the other various CGs and backdrops that will be in the game, such as the PC’s room (above image) set during a sunrise. As you can see, I’ve chosen a slighty more warm color scheme for episode 2 for that “cozy” look and feel. I felt certain sprites from the first game were too cold and it’s something I want to rectify for episode 2.

A good comparison is perhaps this image from Ep2, set during a flashback to the events of the first episode:

Compared to this screenshot from the first episode:

I think it also nicely demonstrates the pretty significant steps that I’ve taken to improve the graphics, and I’m now at a point where I’m satisfied with the graphics and work can continue on the other aspects of the game.

The script for Episode 2 is much longer than the first, and will total at 30k words (about 6 times longer than the first episode), and is being written by a professional writer who have now joined our small game studio, that now consists of three people. I’d like to thank those of you who back us on Patreon for making this possible. You guys are truely awesome!

We’re working very hard to finish up two new demos of both Homecomig and Episode 2 that will be available to backers of $10 or above. I hope you understand that these demos will not be available to the public. I of course have to reward and prioritize the people that support us, which I’m sure you understand. However, if you’d like, I can at least provide some details of what they will contain and perhaps a few screenshots at a later date.

26 Comments on “A look at the new and improved models

Looks amazing
    Do you have any estimate on the release date for the finished product?

I sure would appreciate details and some screenshots available publicly after the demos are released to backers.
    It would make the wait not so unbearable.

I do like the new update to Emma but if I remember right from Ep.1 wasn’t Anna younger then Emma if so then I still think Anna needs to be fix some to me she looks older then Emma is. Other then that I do like the new update.

I think it’s where her blush is. It makes her cheekbones look more pronounced and makes her look kind of like an old woman imo. :/

The graphics have definitely improved! I enjoyed the (excruciatingly long) time the first game took for me to complete, so I’m sure I’ll have my work cut out for me when the second episode comes out! Really wish I could donate but I’ve got like no extra money to sen your way >.<

5. Newjav says:

Please, can you make an android version? I want to play it on a tablet.

Emma looks great!
    I think Anna looks kinda old, but hey great job! can’t wait for ep 2

Looks good !!

8. Memento says:

Anyone else think that Emma looks a bit like Rise from Persona 4? Anyways, the models are looking great. Can’t wait to play the finished product.

9. Arianne says:

Hi, when you asked for feedback in the earlier post, I originally said I might slightly prefer the old models.

Well guess what, now I strongly changed my mind in favor of your current models!^^

• Mew says:

I do agree with you here. I didn’t have any references other than the new models, but I do think that people are correct with that Anna looks… a bit older than before.

10. akbar says:

Great stuff!
    Are you guys making the 3d models available / purchasable?

11. Zacnoc says:

Wow, Emma looks great!
    Anna…not bad, but maybe a bit old (which is strange if she is your younger sister).
    Anyway, great work! Congrats!

12. noisy says:

lookin good
    i cant wait for episode 2 😀

13. Vadee says:

Well, I think Anna still looks a bit creepy, like a witch maybe xD
    Emm looks beautiful, I have no say. Good Luck, waiting for the next episdoe <3

WHEN IS EPISODE 2 RELEASE?

15. Arianne says:

I really like the improvements on Anna in the latest public patron-post!

Now i feel you have reached the perfection you were seeking and are pleasing the overwhelming majority (it is literally impossible to please everybody a 100%)!

Also I highly applaud your attempt to create multiple paths, which continue into the following episodes. As we learned from Brad’s Erotic Week, they are a pain to implement, but a true joy to play!

16. Leo says:

when will ep 2 be released??

17. Annirudh says:

Found the game, just HAD to get more of it. Loved the art work. Can’t wait for more, this is some amazing stuff.

18. Jash says:

Be careful with Anna’s cheekbones. They currently make her look much older than she should. In fact, she kind of reminds me of Cher.

19. Rabbie says:

How are you going to connect the two games, some sort of save import? Or maybe picking options during the flashback scene?

20. paul says:

please can you tell me why l cannot get past the click to confirm the mouse screen, the game looks great even better if l could play it.

21. Frank.xia says:

I like what emma and anna looks like in episode 1,no offense I think their look old with the new models. but I sure it would be a good game as I can see their effort.I am looking forward to it

22. Jocke says:

I love it!!

23. Nahkapukki says:

I have to say, the new Anna facial model is a tad off-putting compared to the previous version. Facial width compared to width of chin is too great, it kinda makes her look unrealistic, almost like an alien. Understandably, you are going for some changes to find the perfect balance, but rounding her face out that much isn’t perhaps going in the right direction.

Anyhow, love the games and the story in them, keep up the good work!

Cheers!