Public release of PWU Ep2 demo

It’s finally time to release the demo of Play with Us! Episode 2 publicly. Since this demo was completed much has happened in regard to development of the game. Allow me to elaborate on some of the additions.

A lot of effort has gone into increasing the number of story paths available to the player, Emma has been re-introduced, and a whole new advanced system governing the way Anna and Emma reacts to the player have been implemented. The initial word estimate of 30,000 words has also increased. All in all the game will be longer, more complex, and offer more replayability than previously estimated. These changes are a direct result of the feedback and financial backing received from our patrons, so a huge thank you to all of you guys! We’re working hard on implementing all of these changes and putting together another build of the game. As before, this demo will of course be strictly available to backers before we go public with it.

We hope you will enjoy the new graphics, engine and writing. Have fun!

Click here to play the demo of Episode 2 online
Low-resolution online version
Download and play offline

83 Comments on “Public release of PWU Ep2 demo

YESSS FINALLY! WOHOOO!
    haha, is there anyway to download the game for offline play
    and where to leave feedback? or just here?

Im not able to pass the photo scene? Any ideas as to why?

3. Daedalus says:

Very nice demo. I greatly enjoyed it. Will the ending you pick for the first part influence the second part (beyond the flashback we saw in the demo)?
    Also, I noticed that Anna is only the player’s stepsister (as well as explicitly legal age), which seems something of a step back after Emily:SA. Was there a specific reason for this (maybe wanting the game to be more accessible for the mainstream)?

• Peter P. says:

In many countries, especially in the Western world, it is actually illegal to depict minors involved in sexual activities – even in games.
      I believe this especially goes for the extremely conservative USA.

4. Forti says:

Thanks for the Demo.
    I feel like the photosession is much too long and I wish there were options not to be such an asshole to Anna.
    It seems like it doesn’t matter wich options you choose in any conversations the result is always the same. I hope its just an very early alpha version off the Game. The graphics are nice I rearly like your style.

5. Netsabeth says:

Hello,
    thanx for this demo but i have a problem just after watching anna in shower with the downloaded version :
    ############################################################################################
    FATAL ERROR in Vertex Shader compilation
    ShaderName: shd_gaussian_vertical

D3DXCompile failed – result

——————————————————————————————–
    called from – gml_Object_oShowerFocusSlider_Draw_64 (line 6)

I’ll play with the online version but hope of a new corrected version of the downloadable.

Thanx again for the game.

6. Azhar says:

I got that error to when I got to the photo part

7. Snow Flake says:

yer great demo if it would work for me when I click on start after I put in a name all I see is a black screen and no it is not my computer. ?

• Palmer says:

You get this with all versions? Try updating your graphics drivers and let me know what happens so we can take a look at it.

• Snow Flake says:

hi great demo of pwu ep2 Download and play offline this one works but not the two above that one how is homecoming come along. P.S I am stuck on the shower part of the demo when I click on hide the door opens again why I do ot no ?

hello
    is the blowjob scene supposed to be no sounds? if there should be sounds in that scene then it’s bugged.

9. Kubik says:

Hey Palmer
    Is there a reason for not mentioning this public release on your patreon page as well? Because you still have patreons that haven’t played the demo (3$, 1$)
    I found out about this by chance, i’m sure there’ll be more patreons that don’t know about it either. You may want to fix that.

Just thought I would mention a small typo in the dialogue. If you select for Anna to cook you steak for dinner when you get home you have the dialogue as you can smell meet burning (or something to that effect) but it should be meat. Only a minor thing but thought you might like to know.

11. Happy says:

NICE! i can wait for the full version 😀

Was it intentional to be able to un-disable the maid scene? 😛

13. Snow Flake says:

hey all I am stuck on shower part when I click on hide the door opens back up ? why I do not no.

I am guessing you take a photo and then hide… but as the protag mentioned, perhaps he can do something to stop the camera being noticeable. The shower is pretty loud so the sound probably isn’t what is noticeable about the camera :).

14. azhar says:

i got it work again by deleting the PWU ep2 file from the game folder in the os drive

15. Supermilk says:

Is there only blowjob ending?

16. iloveyourgamescuzimhorny says:

photo segment too long

17. iloveyourgamescuzimhorny says:

good blowjob scene though

18. Vic says:

When will the full version be released. I was very disappointed with how it just ended.

• efzf says:

Me too, i’d like to know whent the full version is released. It was too short for a demo after so long

• Tewma says:

LOL. I can’t stop laughing when I think about the backer’s expression when they saw how short was this demo and how long they waited to get it. LMAO. Priceless !

Could you make the blowjob scene more interactive? Like the one with emma was 10 times better

20. one says:

when open the rest room dorr there was an error ( I play offline)
    ___________________________________________
    FATAL ERROR in Vertex Shader compilation
    ShaderName: shd_gaussian_vertical

D3DXCompile failed – result

——————————————————————————————–
    called from – gml_Object_oShowerFocusSlider_Draw_64 (line 6)

21. Troop says:

Wow! one of most beautiful adult games i have ever played.
    I will definitely contribute you on patreon ones the game is released.
    I hope it’s going to be released soon

22. iWIllCry says:

I’ve been waiting for this so long.. But I couldn’t even cum. The demo was too short.

23. faileDcumsHot says:

You have done a great job on graphics. But the demo was too short. I couldn’t event cum

24. TheToFriendlyGuy says:

soooo….
    i tried all the versions exept the offline one and the game after the loading screen just turns black…
    all i see is the wet pussy games icon on the top right and some music playing in the background… too bad i was realy hyped for it too

The online demo is hell (very laggy, especially in the shower) for dinosaur era computers and technologies, while the offline version runs smoothly until the camera scene begins; then that error mentioned by some of the above users takes control, and I am too lazy to do any updating, though I tried downloading one of the files linked by Ricky, and that was a complete waste of time. The full first episode, curiously enough, runs faster, despite being larger. I suppose that has to do with the graphics. Either way, you’re doing a glorious job, team; just please try to keep the cheap in mind. Your patrons of Patreon come before all else, though. Tend to them, and the masses of us later.

Pterodactyls.

• Ricky says:

Hey, thanks for your feedback. What’s your PC specs? The shower scene is using a shader for the camera focus effect; that’s why the scene can run slow or even break the execution in older devices with outdated GPU drivers. I’m looking for a way to simulate the focus effect without the need of a shader, but is harder than I expected.

26. Troop says:

when will the full game be released ?

27. Lineker says:

Good evening, I confess I do not know much about HTML5 and no programming, more would like to know if the browsers offer support for translation, the dialogues of the game does not appear in the text box, to allow it to run the game in the language that the viewer understand, even I’m having a lot of work to understand the plot since I have to stay with the open google translator along with the game, if you have the possibility of a tool that adds several translations for the game, it would be more comprehensive for own game, thx for attention

• Ricky says:

Hey, Lineker, thanks for your comment. PWU is definitely translatable, but we don’t have plans to do it right now. Just curiosity, what’s your mother tongue?

• Lineker says:

My language is Brazilian Portuguese, but Spanish is quite understood here in Brazil, and also the second most spoken language in the world, I believe that adding the Spanish in the game cover an interesting audience for it.

• Ricky says:

Eu gostaria de investir algum tempo traduzindo o jogo para o português, ou inclusive espanhol, já que domino ambas as línguas. Entretanto, é mais complicado do que parece, já que estamos dedicando totalmente nossos esforços em terminar o segundo episódio. Assim que ele estiver pronto, vamos avaliar a possibilidade de abrir um programa de traduções em que fãs da série poderão nos ajudar a localizar o game em vários idiomas. Até lá, o esquema é continuar usando o tradutor ou então aproveitar a oportunidade para afiar o inglês 🙂

• Lineker says:

Pow legal, é também estou aproveitando para treinar o inglês, kkkk é o jeito, e se precisar de ajuda estou a disposição é claro que fazer uma tradução com fãs da série que dominam a igual deixa mais fluido as falas para o expectador não sentir como se fosse um robô que está falando com ele, já que usar google translate por exemplo não é uma tradução 100% fiel ao dialogo normal entre brasileiros ou espanhóis, verdade msm que usando fãs que dominam a igual a imersão é bem mais ampla, obrigado pela atenção e estou a disposição , abraço, meu email esta abaixo

28. Snow Flake says:

how long before PWU EP2 Comes Out And How Long Before Homecoming Comes out as well. Plus Is There An ETA For The Next Homecoming Demo. ? Great Demo For PWU EP2

29. Mitchell V. says:

When is the final release of the game going to come out?

30. sion says:

when will the full game be released ?

31. Snow Flake says:

hey all can anyone who is patreon play backers demos ?

32. iloveyourgamescuzimhorny says:

I managed to get a maid scene after editing the code! Looks good, can’t wait for the real version. 😉

• Troop says:

@iloveyourgamescuzimhorny, how did you do that ? I extracted all images from .exe. but i can’t find any images of the maid scene. you can only find the images that you already seen in the demo.

33. Eagle says:

I love it I want to see more then just Demo

34. luckycoolguyjack says:

I can’t wait for the full version to come out, am really loving the demo so far.

35. whats taking so long says:

wheres the game already!?

When will the full game be available?

37. Itsfunnyhowyoudeletedit says:

As someone who backed you in the past, and actually respected your attitude and work, this is a bit painful to do, but without negative feedback, one cannot grow and improve.

I don’t think completely ignoring those of you who won’t or can’t economically support you is the way to go, some of them maybe desire to see actual gameplay, and others simply await release versions, but leaving non-patron users in the dirt, refusing to tell them anything, to the point that in this page you have to wait for months until you see any pointers of how are things going (what usually scares non-backers from entering, since they don’t know how is the project going and now you cannot take a peak, if you become a patron you pay beforehand)

You should protect your income, of course, but what you’re doing currently is dismissing those who don’t give you anything, you should remember that some of those did support you in the past and deserve a bit better than you not even caring.

The current state of your project is a letdown, but as others say, there are a lot of projects out there, that actually try to be nice to those who aren’t backers yet, so they may be tempted to hop in.

After posting this I’ll remove the bookmark to this page and stop following your patreon, goodbye and thanks for all the fish.

• Palmer says:

Sorry you feel that way. Keep in mind I fairly frequently post updates on the Patreon page which anyone can view.

I get where he is coming from Palmer, I have been tempted myself to invest on this but the lack of information is a bit difficult to swallow. As an example when someone asks you when will we see the full game you generally answer with I can not give you an exact date, sorry. For a potential investor that reads as we have no idea how long it will take and actually things are really in a mess at the moment. For a lot of us we wouldnt need an exact date, a ballpark figure would at least give us an idea of if there are major issues or if it just some minor tweaking going on behind the scenes. A response like I cant give you an exact date but we hope to have the full version ready in a few months, give us potential investors a clue as to whether to invest or not. Not criticizing just letting you into my thinking, which is possibly quite a few others thinking as well.

• Palmer says:

Thanks for your feedback. I will definitely keep that in mind. For PWU, we expect a release definitely within 2-6 months. Homecoming is harder to estimate as I’m experimenting with turning the game into a sandbox AIF, which would increase the development time. As a general rule, our release dates are, like many other developers, “when it’s done”. We’re confident that will lead to better games in the long rung, but I definitely do see where you’re coming from. That said, we are aggresively now releasing more playable demos more frequently than ever before.

38. Aldia, Scholar of the First Sin says:

It’s a sad day when my computer is too shitty to run a game like this.

I am a backer, and I’m looking forward to the next update… but would agree with the above comment about release date. It’d be nice for a ball park figure, I don’t care if it’s several months wrong, it’d just be nice to see if we’re expecting the game in 6months, or 6 years.

(A little late, I know)
    I seem to be getting some sort of an error when using the downloaded version

___________________________________________
    FATAL ERROR in Vertex Shader compilation
    ShaderName: shd_gaussian_vertical

D3DXCompile failed – result

——————————————————————————————–
    called from – gml_Object_oShowerFocusSlider_Draw_64 (line 6)

What is it? Is there any way to fix this?