Play with Us! Episode 2 Demo 2 Out Now For Patrons (and soon to everyone else)

A couple of months ago we released the first demo of the new episode, and now it’s time for the next build!

Lots of stuff have changed:

The script has been revised and is now a lot longer and vastly more complex, with branching story lines with significantly more choices added in. We felt that some of the story didn’t feel realistic enough and have tried to address this in the latest build. Emma is now back and her attitude toward you will be affected how you treated her in the first episode. We’ve also added a lot more choice/consequence mechanics in this build, and added a completely new sex scene (which is the most advanced we’ve ever done). The characters’ attitude are now controlled by several variables, which in turn are governed by the way you act toward them. Other improvements have of course also been made. For instance, the shower scene was way too long in the first build and has now been significantly shortened thanks to you guys’ feedback. It’s now also possible to make Anna the player’s real sister by inputting a code at the beginning of the game (highly requested featured which to be honest should have been there in the first place.)

As usual, the game will be released to the public for free soon enough.This time around we will be releasing this version to the public when the next build is finished and released to Patrons, which we’re hoping is within 4-6 weeks. Meanwhile, check out some screenshots below! (Click for larger version)

41 Comments on “Play with Us! Episode 2 Demo 2 Out Now For Patrons (and soon to everyone else)

1. Netsabeth says:

Hi Palmer and all the team.

Thanx thanx thanx, can’t wait for the new demo……

Sure, when i see screenshots, that it will be a excellent demo.

Hope the final and definitive version will be achieved and released soon.

Bye

2. Daedalus says:

Oh wow. If this is only a demo what’s the final version going to be like.
    It looks really impressive.

• Palmer says:

Final version will be longer, and have even more alternative ways to act toward the characters with various consequences. Oh, and more sex scene. Actually, already working on adding a Doggy option to the one with Anna seen above πŸ™‚

3. Happey says:

Can’t wait πŸ˜€
    Great job to everyone who made this happen

• Palmer says:

Thank you so much! We haven’t slept much in the last few days haha. Well, I managed to get in 2 hours in front of the keyboard but that was about 20 hours ago now…

4. Jonas says:

When does it come out for everyone?

• Palmer says:

It will be about the same time frame as the last build, which was around 4-6 weeks if I remember correctly.

• Karma says:

We have to wait more than a month to play at the new demo? That’s a lot… Why so long? I mean, one or two weeks okay, but 6? O_o

• Palmer says:

Sorry buddy, but the Patrons are what’s keeping us alive and we have to give them real incentive to keep supporting us. One way to do that is to release it to them first. Think about it, if just waiting a week would give you build, why pay $10?

• Lineker says:

Palmer, I would like to know if anyone who helps with the project with $ 3, has to wait the same time of the general public that does not help in the project

• faith says:

any idea when this is coming out the public? its about to hit almost 10 weeks since the demo was released for patrons

• asd1234567890 says:

stop whining and wait like rest of us who cant or wont pay that 10$ 4-6 weeks is pretty short time when u think about it

• Jonas says:

Can i pay with 10€ Psc card?

5. DrZed says:

Yo Palmer, can you add a “peeing” scene in there somewhere optional via code as well, plz…

When the demo is released to the public, will we be given said code that you mentioned, or will that be a Patreon giver exclusive code?

7. Chin Ho Kua says:

Can I Just say that this game looks pretty close to amazing?
    I can’t wait to play this game – and I’m very glad to see an amazing group of designers to get something like this happen.

Keep it up guys! You have us supporting you πŸ˜€

8. Snow Flake says:

Hey Palmer Any News About Homecoming 2nd Demo.

can you please request anna to take the nude photo of her softball team girl then do the same thing what did on anna

10. Snow Flake says:

hey palmer Is There A Link PWU Ep2 Demo 2 For Patrons

11. Troop says:

Yes, There is a link for $10 patrons.

• DrZed says:

I love how that guy was trying to get you to pretty much give him the link to the demo, I bet he’s not a patreon and just wants the game demo free of charge AND early.

12. Anon says:

I seem to be having trouble getting the new scene. Any advice?

13. Z says:

Hey Palmer,

Great job so far on this new project — it’s all looking really impressive, and your work is improving with each iteration!

I wanted to share a sentiment that I doubt I’m alone in feeling; I’m one of your $10 patreon supporters who began donating because you were a designer who produced amazing work in the AIF world, and I wanted to be able to support that. The work you’re doing with Play With Us is great — but I think it’s fair to say that there are probably lots of us both here and on Patreon that may be feeling a bit like Homecoming is a basically closed project, or something which you might get to once you’re done working through Play With Us. If that’s true, that’s okay! PWU is exciting I’m sure, and it appears to be really helping you build a real income, which is simply phenomenal. But I think an honest appraisal of your plans for Homecoming, and some kind of a time table or idea of how much you’re focusing on it vs. PWU might be really appreciated by your many fans who are here because of the great stuff you did with Emily; I’m certain it isn’t intended, but I’m sure I’m not the only one feeling a bit like you’ve shifted away from Homecoming but haven’t really closed it up. It wouldn’t be a big deal, but considering many people are financially supporting your work, I guess it would just be really appreciated to know where your focus actually is.

Thanks!

• Palmer says:

Thanks for your very valid concerns. I dealt with this in the latest post (so please look there) for a better explanation of why you might be feeling this way.

14. Jocke says:

I love the demo 2 I wonder what its gonna be to play PWS 2 full version And I love PWS 1 its like a dream…. You made it so good, That it feels like its real!! Really good job to all your co workers and you ofc I love it!!!

15. rfs03416 says:

wie bekomme ich vollwersin von play with us ep2

• Dragonsoule says:

Kannst spenden 10$ monatlich oder warten sollte demnΓ€chst auch raus kommen.

When does the Demo 2 comes out? Are there new infomations?
      It has been about 7 Weeks now .__.
      I’m despretly waiting for it.

16. austin says:

when will the whole game come out

17. Al says:

When can we expect the full version of episode 2? is there a deadline or what? I am just curious cause I really wanna play the full version

• Nevagon Nagetit says:

Right Im waiting for this but it is taking so long I doubt I will ever become a patron. I am SPECIFICALY going to become one for this. HOwever it has been OVER a year since the demo. I think he just takes your money and runs. Glad I didnt jump to it!!!!!

• Ricky says:

“takes your money and runs” lol
        we’re working hard on it! In fact, we’re in the polish phase right now. Follow up our patreon for more news about the development.

18. impatient says:

you guys said in november that pwu ep 2 demo would be released to public by january and its almost june now and there has still been no release. when can i expect to be able to play episode 2

19. Annoyed says:

They are taking their time because they will get more funding that way. If they brought it out in January people would stop paying them but if they drag it out they just get more funding that way and probably pocket a lot of it.

20. Annoyed says:

They are making almost $8,000 a month, you really think all of that goes towards making a little computer game? Lol

21. Me says:

looking forward to playing πŸ™‚ your games are some of the best I’ve seen, keep up the good work

when you say out now for patrons is that only the $10 patrons?
    you also said “This game was made possible thanks to the unbelievable $10 patrons we have sponsoring us” im sure it was also made possible by the patrons who donated less